Legend 8400 Center Feed Reverse Flow
Legend 8400 Center Feed Reverse Flow
The Legend Smokers 8400 Center Feed Reverse Flow is a 7 foot wide cabinet style smoker that is specifically designed for high production BBQ Restaurants that need a wood and charcoal burning smoker with high capacity that fits in a small footprint!
My BBQ Brother Junior Urias of Juniors Up In Smoke BBQ in Early, Texas was a huge help in designing this pit. His new restaurant and market is growing very fast and this revolutionary smoker design fits his needs perfectly.
The Legend 8400 Center Feed has a cooking capacity of 9,792 square inches.
This is plenty of room for approx. 55 pork butts, 30 briskets, 60 slabs of baby back ribs, or 50 whole chickens.
The Legend 8400's center feed reverse flow design allows for very even cooking temperatures and makes this smoker very easy to operate.
The Legend Smokers 8400 Center Feed Reverse Flow Smoker has an overall footprint of 84" wide by 44" deep by 74" tall, and weighs approx 4000 pounds.
The Legend 8400 includes:
- 2 cooking chamber french overlap doors that open approx 72" wide
- Double wall 1/4" thick insulated firebox
- 4 slide out cooking chamber racks with 4 shelf rails
- 4 door thermometers
- 2 Digital thermometer probe ports
- Front opening firebox door with bottom style air inlet
- Slide out log rack with built on charcoal basket walls
- Sausage hanger slots in top of cooking chamber to accommodate 24" dowels
- Open wood storage on bottom of stand both sides of fire box
- Heavy duty 5" steel casters on 4 corners, 2 locking swivel, 2 fixed
- Removable reverse flow baffle plate and shadow plate
- 2 grease drains
- Grease curb
- 2 way sloped bottom plate
- Standard high temp satin black paint on exterior of smoker
This smoker is built to order.
Typical build times are 8-12 weeks from time of order or down payment.
We have a lot of financing and delivery options.
For more information about current build times, delivery options, financing, and customizations please use the chat option below or call Frank at 573-227-2277
The Legend 2400 Offset Smoker is constructed of Heavy Duty 7 Gauge Steel Plate.
7 Gauge is approx. 3/16 thick which is ever so slightly thinner than ¼ inch steel.
Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
Once your purchase is complete a member of our team will reach out to you by phone to complete the shipping arrangements and ensure we don't overlook any of the fine details of delivering your smoker fast and secure!
Be sure to select the best option for delivery. If you wish to use the commercial LTL delivery option but do not have a commercial address, don't worry!
We can usually ship to the closest freight depot and you can pick it up there!
We can set this up on the phone call.
You can also select the Residential Delivery option which includes LiftGate service to your driveway.
This product is Non-Returnable but it is covered by our No-Hassle warranty!
For more info on our warranty contact us
The Legend 2400 Offset Smoker's main cooking chamber dimensions are 24 inches tall by 24 inches deep and 48 inches wide.
This gives you a cooking surface of 22 inches deep by 47 inches wide.
The overal footprint of the smoker is 86 inches wide by 30 inches deep and 70 inches tall.
The smoker weighs 650 pounds.
The shipping size is slightly larger.
For shipping information contact us
Your Legend 2400 Offset Smoker will be super easy to maintain!
The first fire and initial seasoning are the most important part.
Here's what to do:
First Time Seasoning:
• Before you season your smoker for the first time rinse it out with water then put on some gloves and wipe it dry with disposable towels.
• You can optionally line the bottom inside of the cooking chamber with some foil as long as the throat opening is not obstructed and the drain is not covered up. Poke a hole in the foil over the drain pipe.
•Next build a fire and light your smoker. Start with approximately 1.5 pounds of charcoal. We recommend using a Charcoal starter chimney and letting the charcoal fully light before dumping it out on the log rack or in the charcoal basket. Once the charcoal is in place, add 2 wood splits that are approx. 2 inches diameter by 12 inches long.
• Let the smoker come up to around 250°F and while that is happening wipe down the entire inside of the main cooking chamber with some vegetable oil or spray it with cooking spray.
• Let the smoker run at that temperature for 1 hour. Maintain your fire by adding 1 or 2 splits every 30 minutes.
• Then cook something with some fat in it like some bacon, pork sausage, or etc.
Cleanup After Each Cook:
• Once your cook is complete and the smoker ois still hot, wear some high temp grilling gloves and use a grill brush to clean the inside of the cooking chamber.
• Remove the cooking grates and dispose of the optional foil and clean the bottom of the smoker.
• Reinstall the cooking grates and close the smoker door. Keep the fire running to maintain cooking temperature of 250°F.
• Rinse the inside of the cooking chamber with a light mist or small spray of water and let the water drain out into the bucket. Close the door and let the steam work it's magic, releasing the excess grease from the steel.
• Rinse and steam one more time.
• Finally once the water has evaporated completely and the cooking chamber is dry, let the fire die down. Close all your dampers to choke out the fire.
After 5 Cooking Sessions:
Your Legend 2400 Offset Smoker will have a thin coating of boiled linseed oil when you receive it. This coating protects your smoker better than high temp paint and is the easiest coating to maintain.
• As needed use some boiled linseed oil which you can get at any hardware store in the paint department, to wipe a thin coating on any surface that appears to be losing it's original coating.
• Simply apply a little bit to a lint free shop towel and wipe it on the surface as your fire is dying down.
• Repeat as necessary.
• If you see any surface rust appearing, simply wipe a little boiled linseed oil on the rust and it will dissappear!
If you have any questions about this process contact us